Menu Close


Some students will have to gothrough the Campus France – Etudes en France PRE-CONSULAIRE procedure first, depending on the existing Campus France cooperation set. 

  • You have to check your country’s eligibility to Campus France procedure on:, then contact the local Campus France officer directly.

In case your country is not eligible to Campus France check the local French Embassy information to know the procedure and get the appropriate appointment and list of documents to be prepared (admission letter, student agreement, proof of booked accommodation in France, etc.).

Please note that UTLN will also be contacting the campus France and/or French embassy responsible for your visa application to inform them that you have been accepted on the EMJMD MIR.

Which visa to Apply for?

  •  Priority request must be for a Visa Etudiant Mobilité (student mobility)

This new type of visa is specifically set for Joint Master degrees. It allows you visa authorization up to 2 years and eases mobility between the participating and hosting European universities of the programme. Also, you should be exempted of OFII procedure.

The “student mobility” visa is valid for 3 months and is accompanied by a mention “C.SEJ. A SOLLIC.” (residence permit to apply for). You must apply for a student residence permit within two months of your arrival in France in order to receive a 1 year resident permit. The procedure is done online on the website:

  • However, some embassies or consulates only issue long-stay visa/residence permit (VLS-TS).

Do not worry, this VISA also works for EMJMD students.

The student long-stay visa/residence permit (VLS-TS) is generally issued for a period of 1 year for MIR students  and must be validated within three months after your arrival in France. The validation procedure is done online on the following website: .

Be careful, for either of these VISAs, make sure to have your passport stamped when you enter France or the Schengen area. This stamp will be necessary to determine your date of entry to France and it will be requested for your residence permit request in case you have a student mobility VISA, or to validate your  student long-stay visa.

Check the “Student mobility” section at the end of the following page:

Should you not be sure about if you need a VISA, you can complete the following online questionnaire, which will help you:

Indicative list of documents to provide:

  • Birth certificate translated in French
  • Copy of the Visa
  • Copy of the passport (identification pages)
  • Université de Toulon admission letter and student agreement
  • Proof of accommodation in France (to be requested to the owner of the place you have booked)
  • Insurance certificate (insurance will be provided by the EMJMJD MIR)
  • Etc.

Please remember to keep us updated with progress regarding your VISA application. As soon as you will get your VISA, please email us a scanned copy for our file.

Should you be refused a VISA, please inform us as soon as possible and we will try to contact the relevant authorities.


Last updated on April 21st, 2023