What kind of acceptance letters will I receive?

You will receive acceptance letters from the coordinator (Université de Toulon). A scanned copy of the acceptance letters will be sent first by e-mail. These letters will allow you to apply for the visa. Please acknowledge reception of the email-messages and the hard copy letters.

Do I need to obtain a visa to both countries of study?

An accepted student has to obtain “A long stay student visa” from the country of the first institution, France. At the end of the first year, the student applies for a visa for the country of the second host institution. The application is done while in France.

For further information on Visas , consult the VISA page https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas.

Is a Schengen visa sufficient?

No, for a residency permit you need a long stay student visa. The Schengen visa is valid only up to 3 months.

How long does it take to obtain the visa?

It depends on the nationality of the student and on his/her country of residence. In some cases, it may take two to three months. Thus, apply for your visa as soon as you have been accepted. For the second year visa, it is better to obtain it from Europe at the end of the first year, rather than from your home country.

Can you find me accommodation?

The local coordination offices of MIR institutions will help you find appropriate accommodation and will provide you with the necessary preparatory information.