Verify your eligibility
Before starting, verify your eligibility to the course, to the scholarships and the selection criteria.
Prepare your application
In order to apply for the MIR masters program you will need to complete an online application form and upload a number of documents. It is important that you prepare your application well in advance, as once submitted the application cannot be amended. The following documents must be uploaded on the online application (as PDF files)
- Copy of international passport indicating the nationality
- Copies of academic degrees of all university studies, i.e. Bachelor, Master or equivalent.
- If the originals are not in English, official English translation of academic degrees of all university studies.
- Copy of diploma supplements in English (officially translated if necessary) stating courses and scores obtained per course. All the diploma supplements must be grouped in a single file. If the degree is due to be obtained after the application deadline, a certificate from the institution indicating the situation of the student and the expected date of graduation must be provided. If the documents are in French, Norwegian, Spanish or Portuguese, the English translation is not necessary.
- Motivation letter (max 1000 words)
- Any of the English test certificates accepted according to the eligibility criteria. Documents must not be older than 3 years. No other test is recognized. This document is not required if the language of instruction of your studies is English. This fact must be certified by an official document or letter from the University. In that case, submitting an English Test Certificate is not compulsory, but can add value to your application, since English proficiency is a selection criteria.
- Recommendation letters from two professors (or department heads, tutors, study directors) able to comment on the suitability of the applicant for graduate study. Letters should be provided signed on official university letterhead paper. The official university email addresses and contact information of the referees should be provided.
- Optionally, other supporting documents.
Once your documents are ready for submission, take the following steps:
- Decide whether you are applying to a EMJMD scholarship and what category (partner country or program country). Verify the scholarship eligibility criteria.
- Decide on the order of preference between the three study tracks and those in which you do not want to enroll (if any), but take into account the Selection procedure.
- Register to the online application form and follow the instructions.
Candidate applications will be revised by an international selection committee. Around 22 EMJMD scholarships are distributed among study tracks in the proportion agreed by the consortium of 25% for study tracks 1 and 3 and 50% to study track 2. Making use of the selection criteria candidates are ranked, and starting from the top, each candidate is assigned to a remaining eligible scholarship (following the constraints of the scholarship eligibility criteria) in a study track respecting the preference order chosen during application. If the first choice of study track is full, the student is allocated to the second choice, or to the third if both first and second are full. If the student has only expressed one or two preferences, he/she will not be eligible for a scholarship in the discarded study tracks, and the selection may proceed with the next candidate in the ranking. Note that under this procedure, if a candidate expresses preference for all three study tracks, the order will not affect his options of obtaining an EMJMD scholarship. The selection procedure will populate a main list of candidates to which scholarships are offered and a reserve list to be upgraded in case an opening on the main list occurs. In both cases the decision will be communicated to the candidate by the coordination office via email. In the case of main list candidates an interview meeting will be scheduled to confirm your participation in the program. Once participation confirmed, the MIR coordination office will contact selected students to commence the registration procedures and mobility arrangements sending invitation letters to obtain visas. Enrollment of candidates in the case of non-scholarship holders is only official after paying the tuition fee to the coordination office and after having performed all formalities, see below for enrollment.
Once selected and upon enrollment on the MIR course, original degrees, certificates and all the aforementioned documentation will have to be provided for verification.