Everything you need to know for application
You want to apply for the MIR master, find on this page all the steps to follow :
For the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Application deadline for the ECA Group Industry Scholarship candidates: June 10, 2021
- Application deadline for supplementary information and payment process for 2021 self-funded candidates: Announced in January 2021 (only to 2020 selected candidates).
For the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Application opening for all candidates: October/November 2021
- Application deadline for EMJMD scholarships candidates: January 2022 (the exact date will be precised in October/November 2021)
Application step by step
Before starting, verify your eligibility to the course, to the scholarships and the selection criteria.
In order to apply for the MIR masters program you will need to complete an online application form and upload a number of documents. It is important that you prepare your application well in advance, as once submitted the application cannot be amended. The following documents must be uploaded on the online application (as PDF files)
- Copy of international passport indicating the nationality
- Copies of academic degrees of all university studies, i.e. Bachelor, Master or equivalent.
- If the originals are not in English, official English translation of academic degrees of all university studies.
- Copy of diploma supplements in English (officially translated if necessary) stating courses and scores obtained per course. All the diploma supplements must be grouped in a single file. If the degree is due to be obtained after the application deadline, a certificate from the institution indicating the situation of the student and the expected date of graduation must be provided. If the documents are in French, Norwegian, Spanish or Portuguese, the English translation is not necessary.
- Motivation letter (max 1000 words)
- Any of the English test certificates accepted according to the eligibility criteria. Documents must not be older than 3 years. No other test is recognized. This document is not required if the language of instruction of your studies is English. This fact must be certified by an official document or letter from the University. In that case, submitting an English Test Certificate is not compulsory, but can add value to your application, since English proficiency is a selection criteria.
- Recommendation letters from two professors (or department heads, tutors, study directors) able to comment on the suitability of the applicant for graduate study. Letters should be provided signed on official university letterhead paper. The official university email addresses and contact information of the referees should be provided.
- Optionally, other supporting documents.
Once your documents are ready for submission, take the following steps:
- Decide whether you are applying to a EMJMD scholarship and what category (partner country or program country). Verify the scholarship eligibility criteria.
- Decide on the order of preference between the three study tracks and those in which you do not want to enroll (if any), but take into account the Selection procedure.
- Register to the online application form and follow the instructions.
Candidate applications will be revised by an international selection committee. Around 22 EMJMD scholarships are distributed among study tracks in the proportion agreed by the consortium of
- 25% for study tracks 1 and 3 and
- 50% to study track 2.
Once selected and upon enrollment on the MIR course, original degrees, certificates and all the aforementioned documentation will have to be provided for verification.
- All courses of the MIR master’s degree are taught in English
- English proficiency is an eligibility and selection criteria.
- Courses of local languages in each of the main partners institutions are offered to MIR students.