Students follow the MIR program over 2 years:
- The first year in France at the University of Toulon (UTLN): solid background
The first year in France – Semester 1 and semester 2 – at the University of Toulon (UTLN) commences by building up a solid background in marine science, robotics and AI.
- In the second year during semester 3: specialize
Students choose to specialize in one of the three study tracks :
- Study track 1 – UJI (Spain) : Applied robotics for underwater intervention missions
- Study track 2 – NTNU (Norway) : Safe autonomous subsea operations
- Study track 3 – ITS (Portugal) : Cooperative marine robotics for scientific and commercial applications.
- In the second year during semester 4: Master’s thesis
Semester 4 is devoted to a Master’s thesis in the context of a research or industry internship. It is carried out at any of MIR’s main or associate partners, always under the co-supervision of a main partner.
1st year - Semesters 1&2
2nd Year - Semester 3
THESIS - 4th Semester
Learning Outcomes & Skills
Through its multidisciplinary integrated design, the MIR program aims to integrate 4 academic subjects, marine science, maritime technologies, AI and robotics resulting in a program which is globally unique and highly competitive.
The main learning outcomes general to all study tracks of the MIR master program include:
- Discipline oriented learning outcomes
- Transferable Skills learning outcomes
MIR students according to selected study track will be able to specialise and master the following learning outcomes.
FOR MIR APPLICANTS
NEXT EMJMD MIR APPLICATION CAMPAIGN: October 24th, 2022.